Book Rooster: Free ebooks & ebook reviews
Book Rooster: Free ebooks & ebook reviewsMay 29
How many ebooks do you download and read per month? I know I read more on my Kindle than I did with paper, and I’m always on the lookout for a source for free ebook downloads or cheap ebooks. I plan on adding some of these sources for cheap ebooks to a weekly post here on the blog. Hopefully I can help you find plenty to read without going broke.
This week, I want to talk about a service, Book Rooster.
Book Rooster works by providing free ebook downloads for readers and by providing much-needed Amazon reviews for independent authors.
Authors will sign up with the service, pay a fee of $67 at the time of this writing, and will get their books reviewed at least ten times on Amazon. Authors should take note that bookrooster does not guarantee good reviews, only honest reviews!
Readers/reviewers will register for the service and fill out a questionnaire to identify which genres you’re interested in reviewing. You’ll later receive email notification for each ebook available for review. You will request the free ebook through a link in the email. Sometimes you get a download link right away, and other times you are placed in a waiting queue for the ebook download. Keep in mind that Book Rooster doesn’t distribute the ebook to everyone automatically, just to enough readers to get the promised number of reviews.
If you’re wondering how many free ebooks you can expect to get access to through Book Rooster, I have been a member for about ten months, and I have received over 200 invitations to review ebooks of different genres. The number of genres you identify as interests will certainly affect this number, but you can expect to receive a significant number of offers.
It’s important to remember that you’re making a commitment to review these books, not just read them! Also, the books are not yours to do with what you will. You can’t share them with family, loan them, etc. You are getting access to the free ebook download because you’ve agreed to provide a service to Book Rooster and to the author, namely an honest review on Amazon.com.
To summarize, then.
- Readers get free ebook downloads, but readers must also do their part and post their Amazon reviews.
- Ebook authors get honest reviews posted to Amazon.com.
- Readers can choose which genres they want to review for, avoiding offers for books they’re not interested in.
- Readers are conveniently notified by email when new ebooks are available.
- Ebook quality varies a lot. Pay attention to the book summary in the email and on Amazon. This will give you a hint as to the book’s quality overall.
- If you’re slow in responding, you may not get a book you wanted to review because available copies have been distributed.
- Authors should only request reviews for complete, edited, polished work. If the first few reviews are negative, then that’s difficult to bounce back from.